Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.5 2008 R2 Support

2010-03-04 14:12:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.5 2008 R2 Support
From: "Adams, Dwayne" <AdamsDC AT medsch.ucsf DOT edu>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 11:10:58 -0800

Hello,

Has anyone ever used a client rev that is one higher that your NBU environment. (6.5.5 Windows Client with 6.5.4 NBU Media/Master Servers) I know it is not suggested/supported by Symantec.  I need to put the NBU environment upgrade change on the calendar.  A 2008 R2 machine has been deployed in my environment and I have decide if I should break the rules and try to backup the client now or tell the customer that I can’t support backups on that client until we upgrade the environment. L  Please advise.

Thanks

Dwayne Adams