Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Query?

2010-02-25 16:00:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Query?
From: J_McColl <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 05:51:02 -0500
Hi,

This is definitely not a supported option, it is crazy to even go down this
road due to the complications that can arise.  If you make the slightest of
mistakes with your catalog you have to start from scratch (or at best a backup
- do you have one???)

Can you clarify why you are doing this? (ie. merging two masters into one, some
DR test, recovery of a client from one master to a client on another etc)

The best bit of advise I could give in this is to be very sure that you have a
complete backup of your existing catalog and be prepared to rebuild your
environment if you attempt this.  Also raise a case with Symantec (formerly
Veritas) before attempting this.