Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] can't re-use older tapes with new library

2010-02-25 15:59:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] can't re-use older tapes with new library
From: J_McColl <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 06:15:30 -0500
Here is a good link for people that are new to LTO !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Tape-Open

I would recommend if you dont want the data but also dont wish to throw away
the tapes, place a couple of older drives in your library which you can use for
less delicate backups (ie not CAT A, B services).

Two drives models can exist in the same library, you just need to ensure that
you get your barcode rules set right.

Cheers, JM