Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup exec catalog query?

2010-02-25 09:26:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup exec catalog query?
From: "Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
To: 'pranav batra' <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>, Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:24:31 -0500

Rather a lot simpler than NBU, but it is a simpler product. %/whereveryouinstalledBE/Catalogs is the data you want. That being said we always backup our entire BE server so we have everything anyway. Keep in mind with BE 9 and up you are running an instance of MSDE or SQlexpress. BE automagically sets this up to do DB backups. If you modify this in any way you will need to accommodate.

In a crash situation if you rebuilt the machine, loaded BE, catalog the backup of backup server, then restored it to itself you are good to go.

David Spearman

County of Henrico, Va.