Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Query?

2010-02-24 16:55:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Query?
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:53:29 -0600

You don’t need too.  What you have done is called partial catalog recovery or restore without import.

Because the second master has never used that tape before it thinks it is a scratch tape.

You should create a volume pool to protect that tape.  Name it tapes_from_other_master or something such

And when you put the tape in the library (write protect it) and it shows up as a scratch move it to that pool to protect it so no job on this server will try to use it.

Then you can do the restore. Even though the tape shows up as scratch the when you start the restore, it will request the tape and mount it and restore the files.

I do this at every DR test.