Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is there a trick to restoring to a mapped NT drive?

2010-02-18 12:51:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is there a trick to restoring to a mapped NT drive?
From: mojomagix <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:51:21 -0500
Keep reading this even though it references a backup and you are trying to do a
restore!

I think the key might be "user context" as ref'd in this technote

When trying to back up mapped network drives on Windows, the backup fails with
status 71: none of the files in the file list exist
http://support.veritas.com/docs/279997

The tn states "Mapped drives exist in the context of the current user. The
VERITAS NetBackup (tm) processes run in their own user context. If the drives
are not mapped in the NetBackup process context..."

Use the restore_notify.cmd to map the drive as opposed to backup_notify ref'd
in the technote.