Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Has anyone re-provisioned a media server w/ 6.5.x lately?

2010-02-16 08:03:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone re-provisioned a media server w/ 6.5.x lately?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:02:30 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I remember doing this awhile ago (~2 years) when I had a media server
which suffered a failure, re-installed NBU but forgot how I fixed it :)

For this instance, I re-provisioned from RHEL3 to RHEL5 and re-installed
NBU but now NetBackup thinks its a client.

********************* ALERT - ACTION REQUIRED ************************

This installation could fit one of two scenarios.
Follow the instructions that fit your situation.

1.  It appears NetBackup is being installed with the intention of
     using a different network interface than the default (media-server).
     NetBackup daemons will be shut down.  Additional entries must
     be added to /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf and
     /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf.  The entry and the file affected
     are as follows:

REQUIRED_INTERFACE=master-server         (bp.conf)
REQUIRED_INTERFACE=master-server         (vm.conf)
DEVICE_HOST=master-server                (vm.conf)

     After these entries have been added, start the NetBackup, Media
     Manager and client daemons by executing the following command:

     /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bp.start_all

                                OR

2.  This machine appears to be a member of a cluster.  NetBackup
     daemons will be shut down.  Do not install any NetBackup add-on
     or database agent products on this machine until after the
     NetBackup server has been configured to run in a cluster.  After
     NetBackup server installation activities have occurred on all
     members of the cluster, execute the following command on the
     primary node:

     /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/cluster_config

I should not have to enter the REQUIRED_INTERFACE etc, I am only using one
interface.

Will continue looking into this..

Justin.