Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Files to exclude for hot catalog backups

2010-01-21 17:50:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Files to exclude for hot catalog backups
From: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
To: Veritas List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:49:55 -0800
NetBackup 6.5.4 on Solaris 10

Since upgrading from 6.0, I’m reviewing my file exclusions for regular backups on my master server as they relate to hot catalog backups, and I can’t find much detail in the 6.5 admin guides and or in KB articles.

>From the admin guide, the only thing Symantec recommends excluding from regular backups is the images directory, but I in 6.0, I was excluding a lot more:

Directories to exclude from regular backup policy (6.0 master):

/usr/openv/netbackup/db
/usr/openv/db/data
/usr/openv/var
/usr/openv/volmgr/database

Directories to exclude from hot catalog backup policy (6.0 master)

/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<master>

Can anyone tell me what the correct protocol is for 6.5?

Thanks,
Neil