Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.4 restore questions

2010-01-14 14:52:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.4 restore questions
From: Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>
To: David McWilliams <davidkmcw AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:52:07 -0700

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:25 AM, David McWilliams <davidkmcw AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
1) How do you cancel and restore that is already in progress. I even rebooted but the GUI says that it is still in progress, or is it?

The closest thing to graceful I knew of was killing the job from the job monitor or command line (bpdbjobs).  If you are referring to trying to get the database to stop uncompressing, that required killing the processes.

You should look under /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs and see if you can find things left over in there.  If you see things that don't look right, stop Netbackup, re(move) them, and then start everything back up.

2) If, during a restore, media needed is not in the library, can it be added, reinventoried and will the restore continue?

Yes.  You will need to find the mount request and confirm it.  I don't believe mine were smart enough to go check periodically to see if the tape had been added.

Jeff

NBU 3.4 is ugly

Sláinte,

David

"Build a man a fire he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life" - Terry Pratchett

Checkout my photos - http://www.panoramio.com/user/1113507

Jeff Cleverley
Unix Systems Administrator
4380 Ziegler Road