Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Drive config problem[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

2010-01-13 23:34:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Drive config problem[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Wilkinson, Alex" <alex.wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:32:46 +0800
    0n Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:23:25AM -0500, David McWilliams wrote:

    >Tpconfig worked flawlessly. Robtest moved a tape from s1 to d1 fine, but is
    >giving SCSI errors when trying to move back. Devfsadm seemed ok. I'm
    >starting to suspect a physical tape library problem, which is of course,
not
    >maintained and really old.

Using robtest(1m) try the following:

  m s1 d1       /* move slot 1 into what the the *robot* thinks is drive 1 */
  unload d1     /* unload drive 1 what is configured to be drive 1 */
  m d1 d2       /* move the tape from what the robot think is drive 1 into what
the robot thinks is drive 2 */
  unload

This should uncover any mismatch. Also try using: "#tpautoconf -report_disc"

  -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT
1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.