Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup SAN Media Server

2010-01-12 14:47:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup SAN Media Server
From: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
To: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>, <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com>, Veritas List <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:47:07 -0800
I must be missing something... I don't understand why you would want to
install a SAN media server but not configure it to send data over the SAN.
What are the benefits of backing up client X via a SAN media server, but
sending data over the LAN, versus backing up client X through a traditional
master/media server where the same data goes over the same LAN?  I thought
the whole point of a SAN media server was to get the data off of the LAN and
onto the higher-throughput SAN...

Neil