Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] I inherited a mess.

2010-01-12 11:47:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] I inherited a mess.
From: Sagz <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:47:47 -0500
I have a problem.

I'm new to Netbackup.  Currently we have a 6.53 install with a Spectra Logic
t950 robot with LTO-4 Drives and LTO-4 Media.  However there used to be a
different server with LTO-3 drives and LTO-1-3 media and a different hostname
and catalog this was decommissioned about 3 years ago.

Now I have a couple requests to retrieve data off some of the LT0-1 media and
the old catalog is no where to be found.

I have an LTo-3 Drive but its standalone and won't integrate with the robot.

How would you all proceed?