Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Success Rate

2010-01-12 10:31:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Success Rate
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:28:30 -0600
You don't specify if your query is about "all backups" or about
NetBackup backups.

My average is about 95% - failures due to Change Controls on the servers
- but the Netbackup retry configuration means that most of the time the
second try works.  Some failures due to not getting it configured
correctly the first time.

------

Now this is with my new library - and the reason I have a new library is
because my old one was failing too much - at that time my backup average
may have been 80 to 85 %