Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup migration

2010-01-12 09:53:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup migration
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Asiye Yigit <asiye.yigit AT gantek DOT com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:53:47 -0600
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Asiye Yigit <asiye.yigit AT gantek DOT com> wrote:

Is it supported to move netbackup catalog on SPARC processor  (Soalris 10) to  AMD Opteron processor (Solaris 10 X64) with the same hostname?

Cross-platform catalog moves are not supported.  In this case you're going from SPARC to x64.  I can't comment on whether or not it will work, but I'm pretty sure it's unsupported.  You can/should open a case with Symantec to verify.

   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org