Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to replace robot on Netbackup 6.5

2010-01-09 07:13:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to replace robot on Netbackup 6.5
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 07:13:22 -0500
> I replaced the robot, and changed the magazines with all the tapes
> over into the new robot, but when i try to inventory, it will not
> allow me to do so: Insert media failed:  barcode not unique in
> database (36). [...]

Two things:  1) have you let NetBackup know these are the same
media, moved to a different library?  2) is the new library
reporting barcodes the same way the old one did?

Did you move all the media to standalone (non-robotic) first?  If
NetBackup still has the tapes in robot X, and you try to inventory
robot Y with those tapes in it, they will be duplicate media, not
"moved" media.  Look in the GUI at your old robotic volume group.
Select all of the tapes.  Move them to standalone (unchecked "volume
is in a robotic library" and "---" in volume group name).  Inventory
the new library.

If the barcodes are being returned differently from the new library
than they were from the old, you must change the reporting of
barcodes in the new library to match the old.  If you had mediaID
generation rules for the old library, set them up the same way for
the new library.