Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] possible bug with unix uid/gid mapping with nb 6.5.4

2009-12-20 12:24:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] possible bug with unix uid/gid mapping with nb 6.5.4
From: John Meyers <john.meyers AT wright DOT edu>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:24:01 -0500
We're currently working on an open support issue for our NetBackup 6.5.4
client, where files without without a valid username mapping to the
numeric uid are not being backed up.  For example if I have files in the
filesystem owned by uid 2356 and there's no associated user entry in the
/etc/passwd (or possibly nis/ldap) the files are skipped from the backup
and possibly the entire set of files on that volume as well.  Directories
appear to make into the catalog, just not the files.

Just wanted to through this out here in case anyone else may be
experiencing the problem and be unware of it.

John

--
John Meyers
Lead Systems Programmer