Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Poor NBU Performance After setting Concurrent I/O mode on AIX

2009-12-17 10:24:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Poor NBU Performance After setting Concurrent I/O mode on AIX
From: Simón Alejandro Franquiz <sfranquiz AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:53:57 -0430
Hi Guys,

   We have an AIX SAN Media Server backing up a 8TB SAP-Oracle DB, normally it takes 10 hours to go through but after we change the filesystems to a Concurrent I/O mode (due to a SAP suggestion) the same backup takes about 22 hours.

   We have a case open with Symantec support. We have change the buffers size and that sort of thing but it is not very helpful.

   We would like to know if changing the filesystems to a CIO mode is impacting the backups and why?

   Thanks so much for take some time for us.

Regards,
--
SAF