Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] vxfs snapcopy and solaris 10 panic

2009-11-29 22:53:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] vxfs snapcopy and solaris 10 panic
From: John Meyers <john.meyers AT wright DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:52:42 -0500
Just a quick follow-up on this.  I ended up doing things the hard way
and everything is working fine at this point.  The procedure to upgrade
the OS to Solaris 10 involved the following steps,

        - Peformed a cold catalog backup
        - Installed a fresh copy of Solaris 10 u7 to an alternate volume
        - Re-installed qlogic and vxfs components
        - Straightened out all the device paths (disks/tape)
        - Re-installed Netbackup 6.5.4 to an alternate volume
        - Performed a recovery of the catalogs from initial backup

After restarting all the services everything worked fine including the
flashbackup(snapcopy) components.  Still not certain why the initial
upgrade failed, such as LiveUpgrade issue or Netbackup possibly still
thinking it was running on a Solaris 9 OS, using the wrong snapcopy
drivers.

John