Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] PureDisk Customers

2009-11-20 14:44:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] PureDisk Customers
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: "'Tom Burrell'" <tburrell_mn AT yahoo DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:46:02 +0200
Hi,
I've install two 6.6 puredisk servers and I have to say that the GUi is one
of the biggest flows puredisk has.
I agree that you need power at the client site to do the calculations.
Why don't you use the snapshot capabilities of netbackup to backup the
client?

I think that it is a good idea to download the puredisk appliance (VM) and
test it.
And netbacku 7 will have the puredisk engine inside, and as I can see it is
working fine. You will not have to mess up with the puredisk GUI.