Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetApp VTL Direct Tape Creation and NetBackup

2009-11-19 08:04:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetApp VTL Direct Tape Creation and NetBackup
From: <briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:03:00 -0600
I can confirm that this is correct.

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of dan1home
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:15 PM
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU

I spoke to a colleage of mine who is familiar with the Netapp VTL device
and he told me that the limitation spoken of on the Netapp VTL is
incorrect.  The only 1 to 1 corelation between the Netapp VTL and the
physical tape library are the physical tapes not the drives.

Have you discussed this with Netapp at all?

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information of
Northwestern Mutual. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and any
attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify Northwestern Mutual immediately by returning it to the sender and delete
all copies from your system. Please be advised that communications received via
the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center are secure. Communications that
are not received via the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center may not be
secure and could be observed by a third party. Thank you for your cooperation.