Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicate from tape to VTL question

2009-11-05 10:06:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicate from tape to VTL question
From: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:02:35 -0500

Our environment, HP-UX 11-31 with a SureStore 20/700 tape library, one master / media server running NetBackup 6.5.2 backing up mainly HP servers with a few Sun and Windows boxes thrown in.  One NBU 6.5.2 SSO media server running on windows.

We are in the process of installing and migrating to a Datadomain VTL.  We have a few tapes that have been duplicated and are left in our tape library, these tapes are also all in their own volume pool.  I would like to duplicate / copy those tapes to the Datadomain VTL.  I’m looking at the bpduplicate command and don’t see an option to copy using bar code labels or volume pool as a source.  Can anyone out there shed some light on how I can do this?  An example of the command line would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance..

Wayne BeDour

Unix System Administrator

PH: 313-593-9876

Internet:  wbedour AT lear DOT com

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.