Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring Unix file to a Windows box - NBU 6.5.3

2009-10-22 14:57:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring Unix file to a Windows box - NBU 6.5.3
From: Steve Fogarty <steve.fogarty AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:54:06 -0300
Try restoring to /D/Restore.

Steve

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Dennis Peacock <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

I have a need to restore a file backed up on a Unix box to the D:\Restore on a Windows box. Both boxes are under the same master server.

I pick the originating client (unix) and then choose the destination client (Windows), choose the file I want to restore from the backup type of "Archive" and policy type "Standard". When I choose to restore it to a different location...I get invalid path (on the windows box). I have proof that the path D:\Restore does in fact exist on the Windows box.

What am I missing?
I need to restore file ABC.tar that was backed up on the Unix box to the D:\Restore folder on a Windows box.

Master server is Solaris running NBU 6.5.3