Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sharing a library

2009-10-21 08:50:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sharing a library
From: "Schaefer, Harry" <Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:47:09 -0400
We have an SL8500 that will be sharing applications (NetBackup and
Quantum Storage Manager).

The Quantum will be using 9840D tape drives and NetBackup will use LTO4,
and we are not hard partitioning the library. The tapes for the
different apps have different barcode schemes. The NBU tapes all start
with BKP***.

Is there a way to tell NBU to only add tapes that start with BKP to its
volume database?

I have scanned through the manuals and done some volume previews with
different options and nothing has worked so far. ACSLS reports both
9840D and LTO tapes as HCART so I cant specify that way...

Harry S.
Atlanta