Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bare Metal Restore Problem

2009-10-15 05:25:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bare Metal Restore Problem
From: "Adrian Soetanto" <adrian.soetanto AT bentoel.co DOT id>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:19:51 +0700
Dear all,

As I have posted before, I have a BMR Point in Time problem and to make it
simpler, I post it again with simpler question.

Suppose I have 3 FULL BMR backups:
- FULL BMR Backup A
- FULL BMR Backup B
- FULL BMR Backup C
Then, I want to BMR restore to "B", does the BMR restore always check/go back
to "A" first or also check/go forward to "C" as well?
(Consider that "B" itself is a FULL BMR backup).

My problem is, when I prepare to restore using "B", the BMR restore always
check/go back to "A" first and then "B".
Could somebody please explain this to me?

Thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards,
  Adrian Soetanto