Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Adding a DataDomain VTL need advice

2009-10-14 10:00:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Adding a DataDomain VTL need advice
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:56:50 -0400

Make sure you understand that fibre for the Data Domain is an add on so costs extra.  In our planning we were going to do fibre but didn’t order the add on so ended up having to do GigE with NFS mounts instead.   To get throughput we wanted we had to work on doing network aggregation.

Having said all that the Data Domains work pretty much as advertised and the high compression/deduplication numbers are a reality.