Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Converting physical Linux master to virtual

2009-10-13 21:29:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Converting physical Linux master to virtual
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:25:59 +1100
Thanks guys.
Just to clarify, we have no intention of doing any backups to the master server, either to disk or tape. All of the backups will be performed by physical media servers.

Having said that, I haven't really thought about catalog backups yet.

Luckily I will have a chance to test this to a certain extent next week as we are performing a DR test, and are going to attempt to rebuild the physical master as a VM at the recovery site. I'll report back here on how it goes!

Regards
Dean