Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Expired media not returning to SCRATCH [SOLVED]

2009-10-05 17:06:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Expired media not returning to SCRATCH [SOLVED]
From: Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 17:02:57 -0400
For the benefit of the mailing list archive:

Today we finally solved the issue.  I opened the support case with Symantec a
few days ago and it turned out that, despite images having expired from the
images database, there were still fragments in the EMM database.

I was provided with some SQL scripts & batch files (along with some proper
steps) in order to delete these rogue images in the EMM database.  Only after
this I was able to successfully expire the tapes with:

bpexpdate -deassignempty

This happened when we had 6.5.2 and was apparently related to some bugs
related to storage-lifecycle policies.

Best regards,
Jorge