Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Scalar i2000 FC question

2009-10-01 10:18:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Scalar i2000 FC question
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:15:23 +0300
Thanks for the answer.
Most of the thinks you mentioned can be done without I/O blades.
I can restart the drives within the i2K GUI. Robot control has its own host
masking so partitioning is not a problem.

I understand that I/O blades are more "powerful" but I'm not sour if I
really want them. I had asked this to a Quantum engineer and his only answer
is that with I/O blades you can upgrade the drive firmware easily.
Thanks again