Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Symantec Device Driver Package or Official HP Vendor Drivers

2009-09-30 11:35:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Symantec Device Driver Package or Official HP Vendor Drivers
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:31:33 -0500
The trend from Symantec, and other vendors, has been to away from providing their own device drivers.  We saw that with the OTM to VSP to VSS migration and we are also seeing with tape drivers - Symantec does not even have a tape driver package for 64-bit Windows.

Our our Windows media server, we've been installing the HP tape drivers and it's been working fine.  It's been that way for a couple of years or more.

   .../Ed