Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Administration Console for linux - where is it ?

2009-09-29 09:16:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Administration Console for linux - where is it ?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: przemolicc AT poczta DOT fm
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:13:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, przemolicc AT poczta DOT fm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to install NetBackup Administration Console for linux on my laptop.
> Does it exists ? If so which DVD is it on ?
>
> Regards
> przemol

Hi,

NetBackup Admin Console aka jnbSA is part of the server installation.

For 6.5x:
I believe you would need to install ICS and NB_65_Linux2.4_20070723 as
part of any normal netbackup server install and then use jnbSA to connect
to a remote server.

I have never tried just installing the admin console in linux, has anyone
else tried? Does it not require the other packages from the server install
(e.g., when you try to patch it, etc?)

Justin.