Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup server solaris X86 with VCB

2009-09-28 16:45:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup server solaris X86 with VCB
From: Boris Kraizman <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT staples DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:42:16 -0400
it is not that. look at how many Windows VMs and Physical servers vs Linux/Solaris VMs. In my case, I have 80% Windows and rest of them Linux and Solaris. Also, Linux and Solaris work quite well when you directly backup the systems. I am not saying there are no companies where Linux/Unix systems are majority, then you would not use VMware in there probably. We use Solaris Containers though along with VMware.