Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Oracle agent using RMAN crosscheckcommand

2009-09-24 10:35:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Oracle agent using RMAN crosscheckcommand
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Wheeler, Gideon" <Gideon.Wheeler AT acs-inc DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:32:38 -0400
We tested the RMAN crosscheck command when testing DR replication and although I thought we were going to need it, we didn't.  If I can remember correctly, the RMAN database holds some information about the image the data is on, and the location of that image (MediaID or DSSU location), however when you go to do a restore, it requests the image, not the location, and Netbackup is responsible for supplying the correct source.  To make our DR work, we only have to make two changes.

1) Change the client name to the original source client (our DR servers have different names then Prod) and reboot (if windows)
2) Account for any time difference when issuing the RMAN restore commands (Our DR site is 3 time zones behind, so we have to add 3 hours to the restore requests.)

Hope that helps.

-Jonathan