Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN, Veritas - Correlating Media ID after tape vaulted

2009-09-23 19:29:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN, Veritas - Correlating Media ID after tape vaulted
From: Jared Still <jkstill AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jeff Lightner <jlightner AT water DOT com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:26:15 -0700
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Jeff Lightner <jlightner AT water DOT com> wrote:

If you’re saying RMAN isn’t that good at keeping track of things I’d have to say I agree but that’s something the Oracle folks should address.

Oracle has provision in the RMAN API to update the RMAN repository
when media ID's are changed due to vaulting.

I've seen it addressed somewhere in the docs, can't haven't been
able to find it again. As the API is published only to partners, there's
no API documentation for me to go look this up.

It's up to Veritas to actually implement this in the Oracle MML.  :)

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com