Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO and NDMP Jobs

2009-09-23 15:41:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO and NDMP Jobs
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Will Tucker" <WTucker AT manh DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:38:25 -0400
Even though a media server (or NDMP host) can see all 6 drives with SSO dosen't mean it will use all 6.  The number of drives that can be used is specified in the storage unit, under maximum concurrent write drives.  If you specify 1 or 2, no job using that storage unit will use more than that many drives (although the actual 1 or 2 physical drives it uses can change.)

-Jonathan