Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP VTL direct copy

2009-09-21 14:43:01
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP VTL direct copy
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:38:59 +0000
On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 10:12:44PM -0400, Alexander Leikin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to implement NDMP direct copy duplication, but cannot
> find documentation how to do it.

I do backups via NDMP direct (not Remote or 3-way), and I do
duplications.  But I don't think those two concepts should be combined.

What part are you having problems with?  Do you have NDMP direct backups
working?  Do you have a media server that can see both the VTL and PTL?
Have you tried a duplication and run into a problem?  Can you describe
the problem in more detail.

> We have SUN STK VTL library and physical library all connected to
> one fabric.
> We need to get vault duplication process working to copy images
> from VTL to physical library.
> I created NDMP hosts, but data is not moving in right direction.

What direction is the data moving?  What is happening so far?
--
Darren