Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SL500 vs i500

2009-09-18 15:06:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SL500 vs i500
From: "David Turner" <Dturner AT manh DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:02:44 -0400

I am planning to purchase a Tape Library soon and have narrowed the selection down to the SUN/STK SL500 and the Quantum i500 both with LTO drives connected via FC.

I currently have a STK L80 and a Windows Master that will be upgraded to Netbackup 6.5 from 5.x.

Objective:

I am looking for something that is scalable (we can start with 6 drives and scale up as needed).

A product that the vendor is committed too meaning the End of Life date isn’t around the corner.

A library that will last 3 to 5yrs.

thanks