Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SQL Backup checking

2009-09-18 10:21:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SQL Backup checking
From: Carlos Alberto Lima dos Santos <carlos_listas AT yahoo.com DOT br>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:18:18 -0700 (PDT)
    You can use bpstart_notify to begin SQL script backup, if the script finsh
with success the backup policy start, if don't finish with success will return
a error code.
    You need take care if you use a bpstart_notify to stop the database and
bpend_notify to start the database, in this condition if you use multiple
streams, each stream job will run the bpstart and bpdend notify script, you
need to put some conditions in the script to prevent this.

Carlos Alberto L. dos Santos (TOCA)
Eng. de Computação - Puc-Campinas(SP) - Brasil
carlos_listas AT yahoo.com DOT br

--- Em qua, 16/9/09, Matthews, Gary (GSD UK Production Services business)