Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Expired media not returning to SCRATCH & Vault

2009-09-15 15:23:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Expired media not returning to SCRATCH & Vault
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <jorge.fabregas AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:18:45 -0500
I have to agree with that.

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Jorge
Fábregas
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 2:17 PM
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

On Tuesday 15 September 2009 02:54:37 pm judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT
com
wrote:
> Because the tape is suspended - meaning NB won't do anything to it till you
> release it.

Hi Judy,

Ok, I think I'm starting to get the picture here.  We didn't run VAULT for a
couple of months (for about the time they were going to expire).  I thought
that the "media status" changed from "suspended" to "un-suspended/active/etc"
automatically.  I'm now starting to think that only VAULTS unsuspends the
media after it realizes all images expired...so if you don't run VAULT the
media won't be unsuspended and therefore won't be moved to SCRATCH. That's my
theory so far...

> Try taking one off of suspension and see if it then expires

I'll do that.

Thanks,
Jorge