Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 installation in Red Hat 6.5

2009-09-10 08:35:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 installation in Red Hat 6.5
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "James Pattinson" <james AT pattinson DOT org>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:31:56 -0400
Why does a bundle intended for RedHat would have comments about Suse?

Anyway what you need is the compat-libstdc++-296 package.  (Note that in
this name the 296 is actually part of the package name rather than the
version - there will be version information after the package name.)
You can install by doing "yum install compat-libstdc++-296".

Also note if you don't already have xinetd installed you should install
it BEFORE you install NetBackup.  The installer is brain dead and
assumes you have inetd if it doesn't find xinetd which is not the case.
If you've already installed NetBackup you should delete it and reinstall
after removing the /etc/inetd.conf file it made.