Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up cluster after failover

2009-09-01 13:15:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up cluster after failover
From: bruceephx <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 13:12:06 -0400
When I try to build a policy in 6.5.3.1 and point to the virtual name to backup
the disks associated with that virtual resource, I get "Unable to connect to
NetBackup host 'phqvfs01'".  The name resolves in Windows using nslookup and
ping.  Am I missing something?

I am doing this over the Public network as I cant use our backup network.
There isnt DNS, and NetBIOS on the backup network was bleeding into the public
LAN so we dont use NetBIOS on that network.