Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing Up Citrix XenServer VMs

2009-08-31 23:57:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing Up Citrix XenServer VMs
From: "Tristan Ball" <Tristan.Ball AT leica-microsystems DOT com>
To: "Leidy, Jason D" <Leidy.Jason AT con-way DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:54:02 +1000

We’re currently installing the NBU client inside our xenserver VM’s. It’s not ideal, the biggest issue is that if we try to back up all the VM’s at once, we completely overload the backend ISCSI storage. J

There’s some stuff on the citrix forums about using snapshots to export copies of the VMs, but that’s not useful to us here so I haven’t looked at in depth.

T.