Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Backup Notification

2009-08-18 04:50:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Backup Notification
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:45:26 +0100
Many ways to do this indeed, but one i choose to alert on specific
policies clients etc is by editing
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/backup_exit_notify.

It will send you an email once the job completes with the backup status
and extra info.

e.g

Below the section which says :-

# might want to mail this to someone

You may want to add things like :-

if [ "$1" = "<clienta>" ] || [ "$1" = "<clientb>" ]
then
    cat $OUTF | mailx -s "Netbackup exit for client [$1]" email AT address DOT
com
fi

You can just keep adding sections if you like also :-

if [ "$2" = "<policy a>" ]
then
    cat $OUTF |mailx -s "Netbackup exit for policy [$2]" email AT address DOT
com
fi

For a full report i have a separate script which uses bperror -backstat
-hoursago <nnn> -U  as well as doing various other functions. Obviously
changing <nnn> with the numbers of hours back to report on. I have this
set my a command line variable and auto adjusted if the script needs to
sleep if jobs are still running.

Hope this gives some pointers
Cheers