Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Change server list on windows clients.

2009-08-13 14:34:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Change server list on windows clients.
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:31:16 -0500
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:34 PM, A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com> wrote:
I'm afraid I'm rather UNIX-centric.

I've recently inherited a large number of windows client that need
updates to the media servers that they'll talk to.  Since windows
doesn't use a 'bp.conf' file like UNIX, is there some way of scripting
an update to the list?  Right now I'm having to do it by hand, logging
into each one.  Right now none of the members of the existing list can
communicate with the clients (isolated network).  So whatever I'm going
to do will have to be local.

I'm guessing there's not a single file with this information, but maybe
a registry setting or something?

As long as your server can reach the client, do the following:

1.  Create a file with the list of servers just like it normally appears in bp.conf (i.e. SERVER = <servername>).  Make sure the master server is listed first and put 1 entry per line.
2.  bpsetconfig -h $CLIENTNAME $SERVERFILENAME

Check the list with:
bpgetconfig -M $CLIENTNAME SERVER

That might work from the media server...
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org