Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Trying to back up SuSE10 Client

2009-08-10 14:52:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Trying to back up SuSE10 Client
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:48:16 -0400
My assumption has been that Linux clients are geared more around the
version of the kernel than the actual operating system.  I don't see why
the 2.6 won't work.

smwoodcrafts <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
08/10/2009 02:42 PM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU

VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Trying to back up SuSE10 Client

Here are the particulars.

Master and Media servers running Windows 2003 standard
                                                 NetBackup 6.5.1

Client running SuSE10

I was putting this in a policy and it couldn't find the OS automatically.
Tried to choose but SuSE10 isn't listed. The last SuSE OS I find is 2.6.
What should I choose?

Thanks.

PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose
of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation.