Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault catalog backup hanging - limit reached - queued

2009-08-08 02:29:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault catalog backup hanging - limit reached - queued
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 02:25:57 -0400
I've got the same problem with my catalog backup occasionally hanging with
6.5.3 running o Solaris.  I worked around it by until no jobs are running and
then doing an "nbrbutil -resetall".  You may then have to use robtest to
manually un-load and tapes left in drives.

This typically happens because 6.5.3 had a bug in it (supposedly fixed in 6.5.4
- I'll now by the end of this next wee if it actually fixed it) so that if the
catalog backup fails or failed to exit properly, the next run hangs because it
thinks the last run is still running.