Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Keep getting 58 errors

2009-08-03 11:50:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Keep getting 58 errors
From: "Daniel Otto" <dan_otto AT symantec DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 08:47:36 -0700
Do you have a bpcd log from the client?
If not, create a bpcd log on the client to tell if the NBU server is
even getting to the client. If a log is not generated when you try
something like connecting to the client's host properties or a telnet to
the client on the bpcd port 13782 then you are not getting to the
client.
Since this started as a name change to the client, can that name be
resolved by both the master server and the media server used in the
backup? Don't assume it can run the commands to verify it can be
resolved correctly-
bpclntcmd -hn (client hostname)

What do you get when you run this from the client? bpclntcmd -pn
That would prove the vnetd port 13724 is opened between the client and
NBU server inbound when the client tried to connect to the bprd port on
the master server.
Or they using NAT on the FW? If so only static one to one NAT is
supported.

The main thing is to verify whether or not the client is generating a
bpcd log entry when you try to connect to the client. If it fails to do
so then you are not getting the client's bpcd port 13782 via vnetd
13724.
Check to see if they turned on the Microsoft FW feature on the client.
Disable it for a quick test to verify it is in play.