Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.4 Remote Java Admin probs

2009-08-03 10:11:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.4 Remote Java Admin probs
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:08:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Dave Markham wrote:

> Guys i recently upgraded from Nbu 5.0MP7 to NBU6.5 on Solaris 10 Master.
>
> All went well.
>
> We access the infrastructure through a windows terminal server which i
> installed the Java Admin console on. Again everything fine.
>
> I updated to 6.5.4 on the master and all was good.
> I updated to 6.5.4 on the windows java and now the gui is just behaving
> strangely.
>
> Once logged in I can't seem to get any panes to get data and it just
> sits there with the clock spinning for some time.
>
> I'm a bit confused as to where to look for problems. I'm not doing any
> authentication fanciness or anything i'm just logging in as root using
> the console.  It was all perfect at 6.5 base though.
>
> Anyone seen this at all?
> Cheers

Are the NBU processes started?
/etc/init.d/netbackup start

Did you check the logs?
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/*

Are all of the processes running?
bpps -a

You should not have any issue on the master server.  Are all of the
service(s) started via xinetd on the master?

How are you 'consoled' into the master? I assume you are connected
keyboard/mouse to a Sun server?  What does bpdbjobs show if you run it
manually (cmd line)?

Justin.