Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting images from disk = slow tape speed, ideas???

2009-07-28 11:05:27
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting images from disk = slow tape speed, ideas???
From: "Tim Needham" <Tim.Needham AT apollogrp DOT edu>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:01:15 -0700
I'm assuming you went from a media server attached to a fiber channeled
tape drive to a media server attached to a network attached disk
appliance - depending on your core backbone I would say that is your
performance degradation. How many hops to the DSU?, are the ASIC's over
subscribed?, stuff like that is where I would start

Tim Needham, Sr. Backup Engineer
Apollo Group | Information Technology | Data Protection