Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Pre / Post Scripts on Backup Jobs with Streams

2009-07-27 17:00:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Pre / Post Scripts on Backup Jobs with Streams
From: nburridge <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:57:09 -0400
I support Ed and advise not shutting down the DB from netbackup.  What happens
to you if someone were to inadvertently kick off the Oracle backup during
production hours?  I believe it would be a RPE.

I also support Judy's recommendation for backing up the export files if your
DBs are small.  It puts a lot of responsibility on the DBA and is very cheap.
However, from personal experience I do recommend storing more than one day on
disk (my RPE *grin*).