Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Catalog backup - Issue???

2009-07-23 06:12:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 Catalog backup - Issue???
From: Andy_Welburn <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:08:59 -0400

Dennis Peacock wrote:

> Do you show anything under /usr/openv/netbackup/volmgr/database?
> I don't show a single file or directory under that directory.

Just to add my tuppence worth. I also only do full catalogs & just to confirm
what we backup (checked in BAR GUI):
/usr/openv/netbackup/db         (all contents)
/usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf
/usr/openv/var                        (all contents)
/usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf
/usr/openv/volmgr/database

As far as the latter directory is concerned, it backs everything up but the
contents were last updated 2007 (earliest 2002) & look a lot like ndmp device
or robot "mappings" (both current & defunct)

It is a bit disconcerting tho' - is /usr/openv/db supposed to be backed up & if
so why isn't it?